Play doubles with your friends while on a team consisting of 3 NTRP levels!
The USTA Southern Tri-Level League is designed to be adaptive to the individual needs of each city. Many different playing levels are offered through the Tri-Level League. Players compete in a local league for the right to advance to the Louisiana Tri-Level State Championships, this year being held August 26 - 28, 2011,at the YMCA in Baton Rouge. Winning teams advance to a Tri-Level Regional Championships to compete against winning teams advancing from Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee. The Regional Championships will be September 30 – October 2, 2011, in Memphis, Tennessee.
· A team match consists of three individual doubles matches: one doubles match at three different levels.
· Any format may be used: 2 out of 3 sets, 8 game pro-set, No-ad scoring, etc.
· Leagues are required to play a minimum of three matches.
· Players will have to play a minimum of two matches to qualify for the State Tournament (One match can be a default.)
· Players may play at their NTRP rated level or higher.
· Participation does not affect player's NTRP rating.
· Play occurs with three matches, each at a different NTRP level.
· Doubles partners are same-level.
· Minimum age is 18 years old.
· NTRP based – Valid computer or self rating required.
· USTA membership required.
· Register and report results through Tennis link.
· All league matches need to be completed two weeks before the Louisiana State Championships.
1) Adult Division I, Women Only 2.5, 3.0, 3.5
2) Adult Division II, Men & Women 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
3) Adult Division III, Men & Women 3.5, 4.0, 4.5
4) Senior Division, Men & Women 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
5) Super Senior Division, Men & Women 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
This Summer many towns in Louisiana will be offering a Tri-Level League. Some towns may not offer all levels of play. Please check back soon for a list of Tri-Level Local League Coordinators. If you live in a town that does not offer USTA League play, and are interested in setting up a Tri-Level League, please contact State Coordinator Jodi Gettys